Monday, March 15, 2021

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

 

There are a lot of nuggets of wisdom in this book. A lot of insights into areas of life I should think about more. By sharing her own experiences and life lessons, Doyle prompts the reader to look inward. I liked that.

What was a little challenging for me was her tendency to speak in absolutes. Her words weren't should or could, or this worked for me, but rather a lot of musts made it into the story. I get that the book is a reflection of her passion, but there's no one-size-fits-all approach to life. And, I tend to prefer suggestions over mandates.

That said, it's impressive to read the sagacity one can arrive at upon true reflection. Doyle takes us into every corner of her life (and we go in deep) to understand how the willingness to face it all head on, and let it change us, saves us.

From finding her best life to fighting addiction to quelling the fears all parents have, Doyle does everything with power.

Part memoir, part motivational storytelling, the combination of content is emotional, thought-provoking and penetrating. There's no question Doyle sees both into herself and into her world. I appreciated her perspectives so much and got a lot out of this book. You might too.

No comments:

Post a Comment