Monday, January 7, 2013

A Reading Project for 2013

Before the holidays set in this past year I decided to make 2013 the year of the reread for me. Assuming I'll still be able to read two books per month, my plan is to read one new book and reread one old favorite throughout the year. This seemed like an easy challenge until Hanukkah and Christmas came and went. I'm not left with five new books to read and a Kindle Paperwhite where the amount of exclusive and free content to download is staggering. 

I'm going to try my hardest to read these twelve books (my favorites) in addition to all the new titles I now have access to:

  1. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
  2. Lasher by Anne Rice
  3. Taltos by Anne Rice
  4. Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
  5. Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins
  6. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  7. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  8. The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
  9. Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis
  10. Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
  11. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
  12. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I think this list is a good mix of new and classic. It definitely encompasses my favorites over time not including the lengthier series I've read and loved. Not entirely sure where to start, just looking at this reading list makes me happy.

Wish me luck in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment