Friday, August 6, 2021

Taking A Hiatus

Hello everyone,

I've been writing this blog for the last 12.5 years. With Trey's help, we've reviewed 231 books. I've had two babies, moved twice, and brought numerous new cats into my home to love. I've found book clubs and other passionate readers who like to spend their free time really talking about books. I've discovered new authors and gotten lost among so many pages.

Reading is the most amazing thing I'm able to do each day, and I love books. I love that it's a little more than halfway through the year, and I've finished 21 titles, but life is busy. Work is busy. Kids are busy. I'd rather take the free time I have now to read more instead of writing up book reviews.

I started this blog to continue practicing my craft as a writer, and I'm thankful that that has now become my job. I write every day, I read every day. Life is good, so I'm going to take a little break from my blog. I may come back, I may not, but I'll always be there for a book suggestion should you need one.

Like my new favorite shirt says, Fight Evil, Read Books. Keep it up friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment